Monday, July 11, 2011
Monday Random Ten #17
1. Raspberries/ I wanna Be With You/ Greatest
2. Harry Shearer/ 935 Lies/ Songs of the Bushmen
3. Richard & Linda Thompson/ The Cavalry Cross/ I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight
4. The Hold Steady/ Cattle & the Creeping Things/ Separation Sunday
5. Joe "King" Carrasco & the Crowns/ Nervoused Out/ Joe "King" Carrasco & the Crowns
6. A. B. Crentsil/ Ehurisi/ A. B. Crentsil & the Ahenfo Band
7. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers/ Free Fallin'/ Greatest Hits
8. PJ Harvey/ Dress/ Dry
9. Merle Haggard/ Today I Started Lovin' You Again/ The Original Outlaw
10. Waylon Jennings/ I'm a Ramblin' Man/ Ultimate Waylon Jennings
The great Mr. Shearer, AKA Derek Smalls of Spinal Tap, explains his composition in an essay for the Huffington Post. A video can be found here.
I'll never forget the kindness of Joe "King" Carrasco. I did a radio interview with him in the middle of the night, by phone from his hotel room somewhere. Owing to my engineering ineptitude, the audience heard only my questions, followed by long silences as he answered. And when I found out, I called him back and he graciously agreed to do the interview all over again - for whoever was still tuned in, anyway.
A. B. Crentsil is from Ghana. His website says that "AB Crentsil is a musician of substance, his career has been a smooth one with the public always appreciating in totality the numerous albums that he has released and continues to release over the years."
Okay, gotta travel on!
Posted by MZepezauer at 9:52 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Did your copy of Nervoused Out by Joe King Carrasco come from his Danceteria Deluxe CD or another CD?ReplyDelete
Actually, it's an MP3 file, so it didn't really come from any CD. Great song, though!ReplyDelete